Sunday 15 April 2007

Bringing Order Where Before There Was Chaos


I spent the day digging out pathways and raising the growing beds.

I lined the paths with stepping stones made from pieces of floor tile, bricks and flat stones. I need to get hold of some suitable wood to hold the earth in the raised beds. I finished off the weeding and general digging over too. That was a lot of digging, all told. I am feeling it now, though!


Halfway through, it looked like a JCB had visited, and I wondered to myself - is there such a thing as having too much topsoil?

Got it all under control in the end, after getting serious with the rake. Covered the beds with the weed surpressing fabric, so I won't have to do it all again in a fortnight, and then, best job of the day, put up the bean supports - one large double row and a wigwam.


The sun was setting by the time I was done, and I think I'll still be aching tomorrow!

No comments: